Speciality Coffee Courses
Whether you’re a keen coffee enthusiast or professional barista we can help build your knowledge and skills with our range of coffee education experiences. We are taking all necessary precautions to keep our customers and ourselves safe during the Covid pandemic so all courses are currently delivered to individuals or bubble groups of no more than 6. There is further information about our Covid-safe practices at the bottom of the page.
Now, to the courses we offer:
Join us for a coffee cupping and learn to evaluate the flavour of different coffees. You’ll build your coffee tasting vocabulary so you can articulate the flavours and other sensory experiences that you enjoy and those you dislike.
Try your hand at various brewing methods and troubleshoot issues that can come up when using filter and espresso methods.
Have a try at texturing milk on our La Marzocco with an introduction to latte art.
Max 6 people | £15 per person | 250g coffee to take home for each participant.
Learn to make the most of your brewing equipment with our Home Barista course. We can adapt the content to suit your needs and skill level covering such areas as:
– an introduction to green coffee, the various processing methods and how we choose the green coffees we buy
– a little look at coffee roasting (we can actually do a roast while you’re there if you’d all like to see how it works)
– a coffee cupping where participants try several different coffees and evaluate their flavours
– brewing – a hands on opportunity to try different brewing methods and/or work on barista skills you already have
– troubleshooting – ways to understand where problems might be coming from when you’re brewing
– milk texturing – getting that perfect micro foam & work arounds for home machines plus working with plant based alternatives (if required)
– latte art tutorial
Max 6 people | £45 per person | 250g coffee to take home for each participant.
Introduction to Professional Barista Skills
Prepare for work anywhere espresso is served with this introduction to professional barista skills.Improve your confidence going into a trial shift or build on your existing barista skills, covering the following areas:
– setting up the espresso machine before service
– grinding for espresso
– pulling espresso shots
– milk steaming & texturing
– working with milk alternatives
– making different espresso based drinks
– intro to latte art
– cleaning the machine
Max 2 people | £45 per person | certificate bearing all areas covered
This is a 10 hour course delivered over 2 or three days culminating with free practice, supervised by Alex on our La Marzocco. Contact us to chat about your needs and interests on 07908007726 or [email protected]
Keeping Covid Safe
Our roller door will be kept open no matter the weather
Courses are delivered one on one (whether individual or family group/bubble)
Both instructor and participants wear masks when not trying coffee
Social distancing will be observed whenever practical
Unit 2, Larch Ct,
West Chirton North Industrial Estate,
North Shields, NE298SG